Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 9 Servings
These heavenly treats are just too perfect! Serve them with your favourite cup of coffee and you have yourself a snack to remember! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. I am sure that you can do a lot to take this very simple recipe to the next level! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c flour
- 2 Eggs, large
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 tsp lemon zest
- 1 c icing sugar
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- For the Brownies:
- Apply cooking spray or butter in an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Prepare the lemons by juicing them and getting the zest.
- Add flour, softened butter, sugar, and salt into a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
- In another mixing bowl, add the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk until well mixed.
- Transfer the flour mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture and beat until well blended. This usually takes about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
- For the Glaze:
- In a mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk until well mixed.
- Spread the glaze on top of the cooled cake.
- Allow the glaze to set for a few minutes.
- Slice the cake into small bars.
- Serve and enjoy