Total time: 25 mins | Serves: 6 – 8
I am all about quick and easy. With my busy schedule, it is super difficult to whip up a grand meal for my family. Thank goodness, because even the simplest dishes can make the best meals! Just like this Italian chop-chop salad. It’s incredibly simple to make using just a few ingredients. After twenty minutes of chilling this salad in the fridge, you can just dig in and enjoy a quick lunch.
I always love salads. They are the easiest to make and guarantee a delicious dish at any time. You can serve them by themselves or as a side to any of your meals. If you also love salads as I do, this Italian Chop-Chop Salad is a must!
- 1/2 lb salami, sliced and cut into small squares
- 2 hearts of romaine, shredded or roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb pepperoni, diced into squares
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounces) package of marinated mini mozzarella balls
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced and cut into squares
- 1 c. white onion, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 c. sliced banana peppers or pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar, optional
Step 1: In a measuring cup or spouted bowl, place the red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, basil, brown sugar (if using), salt, and pepper. Mix well to make the dressing. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large bowl, place the chopped romaine, salami, pepperoni, provolone, Parmesan, mozzarella, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and banana peppers.
Step 3: On top, drizzle 3/4 cup of dressing. Toss well and allow the salad to sit for at least 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!