“I do this for my kids quite often. It is a very simple, healthy oatmeal pancake recipe. Preparing the batter in the food processor makes it that much easier. Serve with syrup and butter. Also good with applesauce!”
Prep: 10 m Cook: 10 m Ready In 20 m
To make this Healthy Oatmeal Pancake, You’ll need the following Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
1. Place flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, vanilla, oil and egg in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.