GERMAN POTATO PANCAKES :
- 2 pounds and half of “RUSSET POTATOES“.
- 3 large eggs -beaten-
- 1 large white onion.
- 1 TSP.Of sea salt.
- 1/2 C.Of potato starch.
- Canola oil.
- STEP 1+As they would be very watery, peel and grate the potatoes and onion and put in a strainer. For about 10 minutes, let them rest. If you are in a hurry, you may also ring them out in a paper towel. It’s all right if they’re still watery. A couple of times, when I was in a big hurry, I missed this phase altogether.
- STEP 2+In a tub, move the mixture of potatoes and onions and add in the salt and beaten eggs. Mix it in while using the potato starch.
- STEP 3+Heat a skillet with canola oil, approximately half cup. Take a mixing scoop and shape a small disk, about 3 inches in diameter, and flatten it. Plop 3/4 of the pancakes into the oil at a time.
- STEP 4+Cook until golden brown for a few minutes and then flip it to cook on the other side. It would take approximately 3 minutes on each hand. Continue until the mixture is all out. In between batches, you can need to add a little more oil.
- STEP 5+Remove the pancakes from the skillet and let them dry on a baking sheet lined with a paper towel to help drain some of the oil. Serve warm or enjoy plain with applesauce! Happy gatherings!