Fried Fish :
- 1 pound fish fillets (such as haddock, tilapia, or cod)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Optional: tartar sauce, homemade rémoulade sauce (for serving) or lemon wedges
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into a skillet and heat over medium-high heat to 375 F.
- Combine the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or deep plate and mix.
- Dip a fish fillet or two into the flour mixture. Make sure they are completely coated on all sides and gently shake off any excess. Repeat with the remaining fillets.
- Working in batches, fry the fish in the hot oil for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through. Remove and set on a cooling rack to let drain or on a platter lined with newspaper or paper towel.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, or homemade rémoulade sauce. Enjoy.