Prep Time: 40 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Chill Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 45 mins | Yield: 28 Servings
You will surely love this Cannoli! It has a sweet filling that is very addicting! Each bite is just packed with delicious flavors. Enjoy!
- Vegetable oil or shortening, for frying (about 8 c)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Egg white
- 3 tablespoons (43 grams) unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 c marsala wine, then more as needed
- 1 3/4 c (250 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (18 grams) of granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 c (126 grams) mini chocolate chips
- 32 ounces whole milk ricotta, strained
- Chopped unsalted pistachios, optional
- 1 1/2 c (180 grams) powdered sugar
- Add salt, sugar, and flour to a food processor. Pulse for about 10 minutes.
- Add the butter, then pulse again until the texture of the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add the egg and marsala, then pulse again until well incorporated and forms into a dough.
- Add oil to the inside of a bowl, then place the dough in it. Cover and allow it to rise for 30 minutes to 2 hours on the counter.
- Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to about 355 degrees F. Add 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
- Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then place the dough on it. Roll it out into a thin piece.
- Slice the dough into circles with a 4-inch cookie cutter. Coat each cannoli foil with oil, then wrap each dough around it.
- Add them to the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Transfer them onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain oil.
- Remove each shell from the cannoli form. Let them rest for a few minutes at room temperature. Fill each cannoli with the fillings.
To Make the Cannoli Filling:
- Add cinnamon, chocolate chips, strained ricotta, chocolate chips, and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir everything until well blended.
- Move the mixture inside a piping bag. Fill each cannoli with it.
- Feel free to use sweet or dry marsala wine for this recipe.
- You can use 1 cup of granulated sugar instead of powdered sugar.
Calories 182 | Calories from Fat 90 | Fat 10g15% | Saturated Fat 7g44% | Cholesterol 28mg9% | Sodium 55mg2% | Potassium 49mg1% | Carbohydrates 18g6% | Fiber 1g4% | Sugar 10g11% | Protein 5g10% | Vitamin A 204IU4% | Calcium 75mg8% | Iron 1mg6%