Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Hello, friends! I hope you are doing well today! Today’s recipe is my ultimate comfort food! I learned how to make this about 10 years ago and it is still my favourite food to this day! I have listed all the things you will need so all you have to do is follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have the most wonderful day. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces tube of buttermilk biscuit dough
- 6 Eggs
- 1 pkg. powdered country gravy pouch (plus ingredients per package to make gravy)
- 1 lb. sausage, any flavour
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Apply cooking spray in a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Slice the dough into 1-inch cuts.
- Arrange the dough slices onto the prepared baking pan.
- Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the sausage and cook until crumbly and brown.
- Remove from the heat and discard any excess grease.
- Spread the brown sausage on top of the dough slices.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese over the sausage.
- In a mixing bowl, add milk and eggs. Whisk until well mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper, then whisk until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the sausage and spread it evenly.
- Refer to the directions provided on the package of the gravy on how to make it.
- Spread the gravy on top of everything.
- Place the casserole inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!